What are BOILERS and their use
A Boiler is a chamber in which fluids generally water is heated. A boiler or steam generator is an integral device in
power plant used to produce steam by applying heat energy to water.
A boiler incorporates a furnace in order to burn the fossil fuel (coal, gas, water etc.) and generate heat which is
transferred to water to make steam. This steam is used to rotate turbine to generate electricity.
Types of Boilers:
- PF : Pulverized Fluidised Bed Boiler
- AFBC : Atmospheric Fluidised Bed Boiler
- CFBC: Circulating Fluidised Bed Boiler
- FBC : Fluidised Bed Boiler
- WHRB : Waste Heat Recovery Boiler
Normally PF, AFBC then CFBC are used. WHRB used in Integrated Steel Plants where waste gas is utilized as a fuel. Now a days in WHRB waste garbage is used as raw material to generate electricity
What is the Need of Internal Monitoring
We all know that the monitoring plays a crucial role in the complete process. With the help of fire ball monitoring
of Boilers, we improve quality, maintain temperature, reduce heating cost by control of fuel, burner fire, pressure
control etc. Fire Ball Monitoring in Boiler is very essential to generate steam in water tubes. It helps to maintain
pressure to generate steam form water with the help of heat. It helps in efficient and accurate working in extreme
Why we need High Temperature Monitoring System for this particular application?
The manual monitoring is not possible in Boilers due to harsh environment, high temperature outside or inside
boilers, negative pressure of boilers. Also manual monitoring is not accurate and continuous so we use High
Temperature Fire Ball Monitoring System for this application.
High Temperature Fire Ball Monitoring System is used in Boiler above burners, In WHRB High Temperature
Monitoring System is used near burner platform.
In PF, AFBC, CFBC & FBC angular view Camera system (TFV-750/OV) is used for Fire Ball monitoring whereas in
WHRB straight view Camera system (TFV-750) is used for internal Monitoring
- The environment is very harsh & dusty.
- The site ambient temperature is very high up to 70°C or 90°C outside the boiler and 1100°C to 1200°C inside
Our Model for this Application (TFV-750/OV):
The TFV-750/OV High Temperature Monitoring System is most suitable and is specially designed for such type of
application keeping in view the site challenges. Environment being harsh and also ambient temperature being
high we suggest air & water cooling for safety purpose and long life of the system.
- Wide angle of view 85°.
- Relay alarm outputs for DCS.
- Clear live video in low/high light condition.
- Working in harsh and high ambient conditions.
- Rodless cylinder reduce size and weight of system.
- Two Stage air filtration system for clear view and smooth working of system.
- 600mm Stroke useful in wall thickness of 400mm and 800mm Stroke in wall thickness of 600mm.
Results and Conclusion
The High Temperature Monitoring System is the most cost effective solution for monitoring of fire ball in
Boilers. Moreover it requires minimum maintenance from the operator part to run the equipment. Also water
cooling helps to reduce the cost of Air Consumption. Only one analog signal cable required from site Control
Panel to CCR.
Finally TFV-750/OV is the best solution for the Boiler in power plants.